Social icons

{Winter: J.Crew sweater, J.Crew vest, F21 bracelet and necklace, Aldo flats, and Miss Selfridge bag}
{Spring: J.Crew shirt, J.Crew flats, Rebecca Minkoff bag, F21 bracelet and necklace}
{Topshop skirt}

I know it is still January, and in Boston winter is in full swing, but I can't help but thing about how spring is only a few months away. This is the time of year that I'm starting to get sick of all of my clothes. The endless repetition of boots, coats, and pants everyday has me feeling in a rut far too often. However, going out and buying more pants or winter clothes is a waste since (hopefully) spring is only two months away. 
One of the ways I try to combat dreariness is by mixing bright spring pieces into my wardrobe. This skirt from Topshop is perfect for the task. It is plain enough that it doesn't scream summer skirt but the blue hue brightens up my outfit. 
Right now I would tuck a cozy sweater into the skirt and it pair with a vest and other basic neutrals. I know color is completely ok to wear in the winter but when everything is grey outside I like sticking to neutrals. The great thing also is that the sweater and vest are on sale at J.Crew! So if you really want a few more winter items these are great. 
When the temperatures warm up and the flowers start to bloom my mind will completely be on spring. I paired the skirt with a classic stripes t-shirt and then added fun accessories. I'm still a novice at print mixing but an easy way to try it out it to wear patterned pieces that aren't right next to each other. Adding fun bright jewelry is always a great idea too! 

~ Caroline

p.s. I have one midterm done, and four more to go. At least I'm slowly getting there!

7 comments

  1. Nice post! :)
    So excited for Spring.

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the midterm! I'm liking your way of thinking....spring is around the corner. That blue skirt is great!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these options. What a great way to go from winter to spring. Both are so cute!

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! Good way to transition from winter to spring..I can't wait for spring to come.

    Karen,xx
    http://hablemosfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you made the transition and good luck with your exams. Thanks for contacting me on IFB. Kisses from The Netherlands!!

    x
    www.iheartblack.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those bags!
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.