Social icons

Shop: Winter Boots

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Now that December is here I can longer ignore the fact that winter is coming. Madrid may not see a snowy blistering winter, but I will as soon as I return home. Since winter is my least favorite time of year I am often not to practical about the shoes I like to wear (flats when it's 20 degrees outside anyone?). However, starting college last year was a pretty rude awakening when it came to footwear for NYC winters. The slush puddles in New York are a real thing and there is no way you want to be wearing your favorite leopard flats while trying to jump across them. 

On the few days without snow and slush I will be wearing my flats, but as soon as I start to see salt and sand being put on the roads I'll be switching in between duck boots, rain boots, and moto boots for the next three months. These three types of boots will get you through any winter like a pro. 

Duck Boots

I've had a pair of Sperry duck boots for years, but I didn't really start wearing them until last winter. These boots are perfect for trudging through snow for early classes because they are light weight, waterproof, and usually lined with fur to keep you warm! 

Rain Boots

Rain boots are great year around, but in the winter I love to wear my bright red hunters to brighten up a freezing gross day. High pairs are great since there is no chance of the slush getting over the top, but I also love the more light weight shorter pairs. Plus, this season more than a few brands came out with rain boots that look just like your favorite ankle boots, except waterproof!

Moto Boots

I always have a pair of throw around leather (or pleather) boots for the wintertime. These boots should not be your favorite most expensive pair of boots, but they should be comfortable and stylish. I found a great pair at the outlets near my house last year and whenever it snowed and I didn't want to wear real winter boots I wore them with some extra thick socks. Do make sure to waterproof these boots (and all your boots) as soon as you get them.

What are your favorite pair of winter boots? I'm always looking for a new pair of shoes :)

1 comment

  1. I love your picks! I'm obsessed with boots! Even though I live in Dallas and don't have as much of a need for a lot of them, I've definitely been building my collection, haha :)

    champagneandcitylights.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.