Social icons

New York City Fall Bucket List

Friday, September 29, 2017

With a newly booked trip up to New England (home!) on the horizon, my fall excitement is at an all time high. Apple crisp, bright foliage, pumpkin bread, hay rides - you name it and I am all about it. After nearly ten years living in New England there's just something about fresh fall air that gets me re inspired and ready to conquer the world, anyone else?

With my new inspiration I've been working on some fun posts that will be coming out over the next few weeks! First up is my fall bucket list - New York City style! One of my most read posts was last year's Non-Touristy NYC Christmas Bucket List, so I thought I'd bring it back for a new season.

1) Fall Foliage from Belvedere Castle

Central Park Foliage is definitely a tourist favorite, but there is a somewhat unknown spot in the park that you must visit during the fall - Belvedere Castle. I'm all about the NYC skyline views, but the view over Central Park in the fall might just be better!

2) Cider Donuts at the Union Square Farmers' Market

I love the Union Square Farmers' market year-round, but it's especially amazing in the fall! Vendors bring cider donuts, pumpkin bread, fresh picked apples, and more delicious treats into the city for all of us who miss home cooking and fresh air. I like to pick up some donuts and a cup of hot cider and find a table in the park!

3) Picnic By The Cloisters

I've only been to The Cloisters once, but I am dying to go back in the fall. The grounds of The Cloisters are absolutely beautiful and it's a great place to head in the city to get some fresh air (without leaving the city!) Major bonus - you can spend as much time as you want inside The Cloisters, so if you're going solo bring a book and find a pretty spot spend the afternoon! If you're going with friends bring a picnic blanket and lunch and set up everything in the park right by the museum.

4) Brunch at Friend of a Farmer and Explore Brooklyn Heights

Brunch is a year round thing in NYC, but Friend of a Farmer is my fall spot, mostly because they serve cornbread with apple compote with brunch as your free bread basket situation Amazing, right? The menu only gets better from there, including pumpkin pancakes and apple smoked bacon. The Brooklyn Heights location is in th

5) Leave NYC for a day at Storm King Art Center

Ok so this bucket list item isn't technically within city limits, but I feel like a trip to the Storm King Art Center is a trip every New Yorker is dying to do! If you watch Master of None you'll automatically recognize the expansive park and art exhibit. The exhibit closes for the season at the end of October, so if you want to go make your plans now!

6) Try out a Cider Restaurant in the city

Cider is definitely my fall drink of choice, so when I heard there are restaurants devoted to the drink all I could think was, where have I been? The first spot I want to try out is Wassail in the Lower East Side. Their Cider Flight looks to be right up my alley!

7) Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade

For my New York friends this parade is a tradition that hopefully we'll never let die. The dog parade has become pretty popular in the last few years, so it's a bit crowded, but still so worth it. Make sure your phone is fully charged because you're going to want to take pictures of literally everything there! If you can muster up some early morning motivation show up early and grab a bagel from Tompkins Square Bagels - to be extra fall get a French Toast bagel with Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.