Social icons

Shop: Thanksgiving Wear

Tuesday, November 18, 2014
sweater* // jeans // bag // boots // watch
*An extra 30% off these items at J.Crew right now

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week? Even though I won't be going home for Thanksgiving (or even be in the US) I'm still counting down the days. A few years ago, when my sister joined our high school's cheerleading team, my family started hosting a breakfast for her team before the Thanksgiving football game. Going to the game and then having family over for a very large dinner is something I look forward to every year. 

 While usually I love to dress up for the Holidays (I've begged my parents for years to have a less casual Christmas dinner), Thanksgiving is a time for jeans, flannels, and sweaters. Above I have tow options for Thanksgiving that I'm considering. The left look is pretty much as dressy as I would ever go for the day, but luckily leather leggings and a button up are still perfectly comfortable. Then, on the right, is the classic fall look with a few changes. Switch out skinny jeans for boyfriend jeans and your classic v neck sweater for a chunky loose turtleneck. Plus, with both these outfits you can start the day with warm boots for a family or school football game and then switch to flats for dinner later. Even better, the stretchy waist lines and loose tops will be incredibly forgiving when you eat half a pumpkin pie. 

3 comments

  1. I totally love the left look and the boots on the right! I'm searching for my perfect pair of booties

    xo, Amanda | a. nicole style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm spending Thanksgiving in France this year! I actually just bought a new dress, and I can't wait to try it on and wear it. The sucky thing is that I still have class on that day... but the bright side is that I have a presentation about Thanksgiving that day!

    xo,
    Zoe | La Vie en Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. No seriously, I need both of these looks ASAP! I'm digging that chunky knit and boyfriend look - must try;)


    Pink Champagne Problems

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.