Social icons

Outfit: Scalloped

Thursday, June 5, 2014
{Zara blazer, Express top, Mine shorts via Marshalls, Timex watch}

You know why loose stretchy shorts paired with peplum is the best? Because you can stuff yourself ridiculously full with fried shrimp and cole slaw and it won't make any difference at all. 

On our last night on the Cape my friends and I got take out fried fish (so delicious) and headed down to a beach by where we were staying to soak in last of the gorgeous views before we had to head home. I knew I wanted to break out my new scalloped shorts during the trip and this night ended up being the perfect time. They are seriously so comfortable and I love the way they can be super casual with a tshirt or a little more dresses up with a blazer. I brought almost no jewelry with me so for a pop I wore a bright coral lipstick (the shrimp took most of it off though) and the outfit was just simple enough for our last night. 

I'm already missing the long days sitting on the beach and hearing the waves crash, but alas reality was calling and I started back at work an hour after I got home. 

11 comments

  1. Can't believe you found those shorts at Marshalls! I love that store


    Upstatetocityliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this summer outfit, you look beautiful. Those scallop shorts are fabulous!
    Sounds like a great trip to the cape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are beautiful. Loving the scalloped shorts and the beach around you. Great work with your blog, keep up the good work.
    xxxx,
    misstatybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scallop shorts! The background is amazing also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAROLINE! This outfit is perfect. I'm loving the scallops and the peplum together. I'm glad you had such a fun trip!

    Constance || Prep Northwest

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I was so surprised too! Thanks!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was the perfect evening! Thanks.


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pastel blue blazer and the scalloped shorts! So perfect for the summer :)


    - Kirstin
    kirstinuity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.