Social icons

Five Things to Pack for Labor Day Weekend

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Can you believe it's the last day of August?? I can't believe how fast these past few months have flown by. This summer has definitely been one defined by constant weekend trips... From Montauk to Upstate New York (and Nantucket coming in just a couple weeks 😀) I feel like I've barely spent anytime in the city these last few months. 

All these weekend trips have helped me create an easy checklist of what to pack, no matter the summer destination, so that I can go from afternoons by the water to out with friends at night. While I'm not headed anywhere new this labor day weekend, I hope my summer packing list can help you pack for wherever you're headed this weekend. Oh, and a major plus - all the pieces I'm linking to are currently on sale!

The Casual Wrap Dress
When I bought this dress earlier this summer I wasn't sure how much I would actually wear it. Flash forward three months and I've packed this dress for every trip and wear it out almost every weekend (oops). 


Steve Madden Simple Sandals
I'm kind of a broken record when it comes to these Steve Madden sandals. They've traveled with me to as far away as Cuba this year and I consider them my 'throw on with anything and everything' sandals. I've worn them on the blog countless times, including here and here. The best part is you can always find amazing deals on these sandals, some of which I've linked below!


The Sleeveless Sweater
One of my first summer purchases was this sleeveless sweater and since then it's become a wardrobe workhorse. Summer in New England can be pretty unpredictable, and unfortunately sometimes chilly, so this is the perfect layering piece to bring with you for late summer trips.


The Olive Jacket
As mentioned above nights in New England can be chilly, and long freezing bus or train rides can be even worse, so I always make sure to pack a light jacket for weekend trips. Plus, a soft olive colored jacket will bring you straight from summer beach trips to autumn leaf chasing trips.


Clare Vivier Crossbody
If you follow me on Instagram you've seen this bag countless times, and that's because I use it constantly. While it isn't big enough for toting around my camera it's my go-to  for days when I want to carry just my phone and wallet. PS - this is the only item that sadly isn't on sale, but it's definitely worth the splurge! It is one of those bags that just gets better with age. 






Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.