Social icons

Getting Back on Track This Fall

Tuesday, September 5, 2017


Post Labor Day it feels like everything changes. I'm ready for booties, sweaters, and also a few important lifestyle changes. Even though I'm not going back to school this year, I still wanted to keep up my tradition of new school year resolutions, especially since after Labor Day weekend life seems to finally calm down a little bit giving me a bit of time to think and really commit myself to the changes I want to make.

1) Sunday Night Meal Prep

Now that Game of Thrones is over (insert ugly sobbing here) it's time to get back to making meals for the week on Sunday nights. My goal for the next few months is to make at least 3 out of 4 lunches I need for the week (the 5th lunch is a weekly team lunch). This leaves me one day to schedule lunch with a friend or try out a new spot around the office. I'm turning to my trusty friends at Refinery 29 for some inspiration, including no-cook meals, spiralized meals, and even meals in a jar.

2) Being More Flexible

Anyone who knows me knows my two biggest pet peeves in life are people flaking and being late, those things make me want to scream. While I stand by my belief that being reliable and on-time is an important life skill, there are times when my anxiety about everything running perfectly on time - meeting for dinner, plans to go shopping, and even showing up to work 10 minutes early - can be a bit extreme. I even find myself getting annoyed when my friends are 5 minutes late to a plan, absurd I know. So this fall my goal is to try and become more understanding and lower my anxiety when it comes to timing, because let's be real the world doesn't end when you're running a bit behind.

3) Get Back To a Sleep Schedule

I've always been an early bird, but in these past few months my sleep schedule has been ALL over the place. Part of the problem has been constant travel, but mostly it's just been that I've been ignoring my 'time to get ready for bed' notification to watch more Criminal Minds instead (oops). As of tonight I'm resetting my alarms and planning my week to ensure I'm getting up by 6:30AM and go to sleep by 11:30PM. Ideally I'd like to increase to a full 8 hours of sleep, but for now this is a start!

Do y'all want to make any changes as we move into fall? Let me know and we can all hold each other accountable. 😊


SHOP THE POST
Levi's Denim Jacket // Urban Outfitters Dress (similar) // Steve Madden Sandals (similar

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.