Social icons

Cape Get Away

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I'm headed home from the Cape later today and I couldn't be more sad to leave. My friends and I lucked out with a beautiful couple of days to sit by the beach and indulge in some seriously good food (fried fish and ice cream were must haves). Even though I started the week thinking I would be taking tons of pictures I actually forgot about my phone (and completely forgot about my camera) for much of the trip. Of course I still have some pictures, but not the crazy amount I usually do and it was nice to be able to relax on the beach (with no cell service) and only think about the book I was reading. 

From being completely soaked in our chairs by a rogue wave to rubbing aloe on horrible sunburns, all while laughing uncontrollably, these kind of trips remind me why I'm lucky to have the friends I do. 

I'll be back tomorrow with an outfit from the trip!

8 comments

  1. I loved seeing some of your instagrams, it looked like a fabulous weekend! So nice to spend time on the coast.


    I am right there with you about loving having a break from your phone, camera and technology but then afterward I always wish that I maybe had a few more pictures... but I think in the long run we will definitely be happy with just the wonderful memories of spending time with friends. And every once and a while it is great to take a break from technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos! I also love trips when you forget about using your phone and it's just so much more relaxing. This is a great post and I'm glad you had fun!


    XO, Kate // seersuckerandstripes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks wonderful, like a picture book!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhmy. That ice cream is just too perfect!

    -- Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It definitely is! Thanks Kate!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always end up feeling the same way! I usually take a ridiculous amount of pictures and not having them all can be kind of sad, but it was definitely good to relax and forget about those things.


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.