Social icons

Weekend Recap: North Shore Long Island

Monday, July 10, 2017

My personal goal this summer was to get out of NYC for as many weekends as I could and so far it's been going pretty well. As much as I love the city, there's nothing like being surrounded by true nature during the summer months, so I've been taking serious advantage of visiting friends living outside the city. 

This past weekend I headed out to the North Shore of Long Island to stay with one of my old roommates (Hi Annie!) and let me tell you - I LOVE the north shore! It's not only beautiful down by the water, but the towns are also full of cute shops and restaurants like Sweetie Pies in Cold Spring Harbor. Having a great tour guide who knows me so well meant we explored so many places that were right up my alley. Keep reading below for a few of my favorite spots!


Huntington is the cutest little town and if you head towards the Bay there are so many gorgeous houses right up by the water. Plus, it's hydrangea season (my favorite!) and almost every house is surrounded by pretty pink and blue hydrangeas. 



The small center of town in Cold Spring Harbor is full of picturesque places like the one above!



This Lively swimsuit arrived right as I was packing up for the weekend and it is truly perfect! It's my first one-piece and I have to say I'm sold. You have to check out the fun back of it too. Also, please ignore my sunburn lines... I promise I was wearing sun screen!

As we headed to pickup a delicious peach cake from Youngs Farm this weekend my friend told me bringing my camera along was a must and thank god she did! The farm store had delicious looking veggies and the bakery had so many summer pies and jams. Along with the cake we also ended up getting fresh biscuits and Strawberry Rhubarb jam which made for the best breakfast the next morning. 


Of course, I had to end with even more hydrangeas 😄

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.