Social icons

Out of My Comfort Zone

Thursday, July 6, 2017

This long weekend truly kicked my ass... Anyone else feel that way? I somehow went full speed ahead until Tuesday night when I then fell asleep before 10PM while watching TV. Thank god that at least meant I caught up on some sleep . Now I'm back though and ready to conquer this week, but only because it's three days long 😂.

I've been excited to share this look for a while, because it's one that is so outside of my comfort zone. If you haven't noticed, I'm really a skirts and dresses kind of girl when it comes to summer dressing. I love a flowy frock or a fun patterned skirt, but wearing anything besides denim is something I've always avoided. However, since I've been trying to test out new pieces this summer I immediately gravitated towards these gingham culottes. Gingham is deep into my safety zone (prime example here), so I knew at the very least I'd love the pattern. 

After almost returning these pants multiple times I finally got the nerve to wear them to work last week. While I was definitely partially motivated by the fact that I hadn't done laundry in over two weeks the risk was well worth it. Not only did I conquer the heat and humidity, but I love the way this outfit is totally work appropriate while also giving a nod towards my carefree days in Spain 💃. 

I found this amazing pair of pants at Zara and they've unfortunately since sold out, but I've linked to a few pairs below that are just as affordable and perfect for summer dressing. 

SHOP THE POST


Gap top (similar) // Zara pants (similar) // Steve Madden Sandals // Clare V bag




Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.