Social icons

One World Observatory

Wednesday, January 18, 2017


Back in September my friends all surprised me for my birthday with tickets to go to the One World Observatory and let me tell you it was one of the best gifts I've ever received. I didn't get to book my visit until late December and I ended up making it part of a sort of 'treat yourself' day after I finished finals.

I've been to the Top of the Rock a few times (see photos here and here), so I wasn't expecting this experience to be much different, but boy was I wrong. Every moment of your time at the observatory is a magical experience, starting with the elevator ride that shows a time lapse video of the history of New York City. We lucked out with a very clear day, so you could see not only all of Manhattan, but also the other boroughs, New Jersey, and the Statue of Liberty. It felt so special to be looking down on the NYU campus (look for the Washington Square Park arch in my photos below!) and I was even able to find the roof of my apartment building.

To really take in the view and experience everything the observatory has to offer I highly suggest getting a drink at the bar. While definitely a bit pricey it was the perfect way to extend our time at the observatory in a spot where there weren't ridiculous crowds or screaming kids.

Of course, I also had to take the typical shot sitting by the windows looking out at the city. The observatory doesn't make it easy though. They've put little metal city skylines on the edges, which are quite literally a pain in your butt. Definitely one of those 'do it for the gram' moments 😜.


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.