Social icons

City Girl Meets Nature

Monday, June 6, 2016

Today is definitely a bittersweet one... My brief summertime freedom is ending, but I'm also starting my summer internship that I've been excited for for months! It's definitely going to be an amazing experience and I can't wait to get started. However, starting my job does mean that lazy days and impromptu middle of the week hikes are no longer possible. Luckily, I've had plenty of time over the last two weeks for fun day trips, so I'll be sharing pictures of my various adventures of the next week or so!

While I am most definitely a city girl (bugs really aren't my thing...) it's always nice to head home and spend a little time with nature. Just getting to sit out in my backyard with lemonade and a great book is usually enough, but I took it up a notch by heading out on a four hour hike up Mount Monadnock with a couple friends! Honestly, the hike kicked my butt - It was basically 2 hours of climbing rocks up a steep hill, not exactly what I expected. Once we reached the top though the views were absolutely incredible and my sore muscles didn't seem to matter as much.

Now that I'm back in the city you won't see me climbing any more mountains anytime soon, but I'm hoping I'll be able to get in another hike when I go home again in August!



Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.