Social icons

Out: Trying Out a Vest

Wednesday, June 18, 2014
 {Old Navy vest, J.Crew chambray top, Zara skirt, Nordstrom BP sandals (similar)}

So I don't think I've ever bought a vest, but this Old Navy cargo vest has been on my wish list for a while so when my local store finally had one in my size I walked straight to the cashier.  One of my favorite cargo jackets ripped beyond repair recently and this is the perfect replacement. 

Even though us New Englanders are layering pros picking layers on ridiculously humid summer days (note the crazy hair with random curls) can be an impossible task and that is where this vest comes in. Anything from a light tank to a warm sweater can be worn under this vest, which means there are a ridiculous amount of outfit possibilities. Even better, when my friend saw it the first thing she said was 'it's so European', and while I don't know if that's true, I do know Madrid's warm weather will be seeing a lot of this vest. 

4 comments

  1. I am not usually much of a vest person either, but this spring I bought a denim vest and I have actually been wearing it a lot. It is such a great easy piece to layer over a simple summer sundress.
    I love the look of this cargo vest, maybe I will have to expand my collection! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that vest! I have been eyeing a Gap vest recently but I have never really rocked the vest so I have been nervous if I will actually wear it. You look great here and its such an easy layering peace. Love this, think I may need to go pick up the vest now. Great skirt!

    whatsarahknows

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eying a vest like that too- looks like I'll have to hit up Old Navy this weekend :)

    www.a-touch-of-teal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you tried out a vest! it always add a fun twist to your look. I bet it will get a ton of use!

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.