Social icons

HOLIDAY 2015: Christmas and NYE Outfits

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas is fast approaching and before we know it the holiday season will be over. As my finals are finishing up today I've completely switched over to the holiday mind set. I still have a few more people to find gifts for (hint hint little sis, let me know what you want), but I'm mostly focused on what I'll be wearing to various holiday events. My family will be heading down to Connecticut for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but then I'll be back in Boston for NYE. It will be a nice change going out with friends for NYE this year, since last year I was sitting at home recovering from getting my wisdom teeth teeth removed. 

Whether your plans for the holidays include dressy Christmas parties, NYE house parties, or just opening gifts around the tree on Christmas morning I hope these looks can give you a little inspiration :) While it should go without saying all of these looks are finished off perfectly with a bright red lip. 

I love a chance to get dressed up around the holidays! With dressier looks I tend to shy away from more classic holiday colors like red and green for fear that they end up looking a bit tacky. Instead I add in plenty of pops of gold. Plus, I love the idea of mixing navy and black to switch up my usual all black everything sounds perfect.


For a more casual NYE party I like to go with pants and booties because the key is really to be comfortable. Adding a shimmery top will make you stand out, and I love the way this option has a high front and open back. On Christmas day I feel like I'm always running around, so classic suede OTK boots and a plaid dress is the best starting point. If you need to be dressier throw a classic peacoat or blazer on top to replace the leather jacket. 


Pajamas and big sweaters are honestly the best part of the wintertime. I'm all plaid all the time and never want to take off my LLBean slippers. I also love this waffle sweater dress for a NYE at home. I'm always up for inviting friends over, making hot chocolate, and sitting around the fire waiting for the ball to drop. 


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.