Social icons

Shop: iPhone Necessities

Tuesday, January 7, 2014
{via}

I remember getting my first cell phone when I was in 6th grade. It was a blue dinosaur that had no camera and certainly no texting or apps. Well, I (as well as the rest of the world) have come a long way since then and now I'm as addicted to my phone as the rest of my friends. 

Since getting a new iPhone a few months ago I've been searching for the best apps for both productivity and enjoyment. I hate carrying around my laptop when I don't need it, so I rely on my phone most of the time. Of course I have all the typical apps like Instagram (#addicted), Facebook, Style.com, etc, but there are a few apps I love that are less popular!

Some of my favorite apps are...

1. College Fashionista ~ This app was just recently released and I love it! I've loved College Fashionista's site for a while (it isn't just for college students!) because of the great student written articles, but the app makes it so much easier to keep up and save my favorite articles. 

2. ChicFeed ~ I recently just found this app and now I can't stop scrolling through the pictures. ChicFeed puts together many top street style blogs in one app so you don't have to check each of them separately (I love The Sartorialist and Jak and Jil).

3. Bloglovin' ~ I hope all of you use Bloglovin' to subscribe to blogs you read (including mine) because it is the best way to keep track of posts! I use the app all the time to read posts on the go (mostly right before class starts). Posts are formatted perfectly for iPhones when you use the Bloglovin' app so no more dealing with weird zooming or mobile formatting.

4. Embark NYC ~ Since moving to New York this app has saved me. New York Subways are pretty hard to learn so I use Embark to check the subway route anytime I go somewhere new. It has up to minute info on when trains are coming and it lets you know when certain lines are down. Whether you are new to the city or just visiting I highly suggest downloading this app. 

5. Covet Fashion ~ This app is definitely my guilty pleasure. Basically you have virtual money with which you can buy virtual versions of your favorite designers' pieces (mine include Rebecca Minkoff and Joie) and then create looks to enter events. It is essentially playing dress up with all the clothes you cannot afford and I love playing in my free time!

6. Afterlight ~ Ok this is definitely my favorite app, hands down. Afterlight is a photo-editing app that is not only amazing for enhancing the quality of your pictures, but it also comes with dozens of perfect filters for Instagram and has unique cropping options. This app definitely fuels my instagram addiction! 

~ Caroline

2 comments

  1. I am absolutely obsessed with Afterlight as well. It is such an iphone necessity, and a guilty pleasure of mine! I'm adding you to my "reads" list, check out my blog if youd like! http://18tlc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! I really like your blog as well!

      ~ Caroline

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.