Social icons

Truth be Told

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Truth be told I'm really lacking in inspiration these days. We just got another snow storm in Boston and while I was (extremely) grateful for an unexpected snow day, the many inches of slush and snow covering every surface has really discouraged any ideas of spring that I've had. I have found myself reaching for the same sweater, jeans, and flats combo over and over again. There are only so many times I can come up with a new combination with my same clothes that works in this freezing gross weather. 

So all that being said I've been searching for ways to inspire and motivate myself into wearing something new, or at least something I haven't worn in a while. I need to force myself out of this slump. After scrolling through hundreds of images on Tumblr and Pinterest with no change in my attitude I realized I needed to do something a little more active. So I ended up going through my favorite blogs and magazines printing and cutting out images to update my cork boards.

However, neither of the cork boards in my bedroom are anywhere near my closet, and lets face it I really need inspiration to hit me over the head. To bring inspiration a little closer to my closet I put up these five pictures on the molding inside my closet. Featuring five of my favorite blogs in order: Cupcakes and Cashmere, Atlantic-Pacific, Caroline in the City, Damsel in Dior, and Cheetah is the New Black. The looks shown in these pictures are everything I want my outfits to look like; fun but sophisticated and unexpected but classic. I'm hoping that by looking at these pictures every morning I'll have a new stroke of inspiration to get my out of my slump. 

What do you all do when you are stuck in a slump and end up wearing the same thing everyday? I'd love more inspiration ideas!

~ Caroline

2 comments

  1. When I'm in a slump, I go to a thrift store and find something weird and wonderful and a little out of my comfort zone. Then I challenge myself to make it work. Great post, mama!
    xo
    ashley
    www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great blog!
    Great inspiration idea :)

    http://fashionenvious.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.