Social icons

Golden Globe Trends

Wednesday, January 16, 2013
{pictures from LA Times}

I make an attempt to watch The Golden Globes, The Oscars, and the rest of the award nights each year but I always find myself bored once the actual awards start. I love watching the stars come down the red carpet, but that is where my interest peaks. 
However, one of the best parts of the awards is watching Fashion Police and reading about the best and worst dressed celebs. This year I found myself disagreeing with a lot of the worst and best dressed lists, but there were four dresses that really stood out to me. 
Kerry Washington, Nicole Richie, Jennifer Lopez, and Julianna Margulies looked gorgeous on the red carpet and their dresses featured one of my favorite trends; lace and beaded lace. The lace on Richie and JLo’s dresses reminded me of the gorgeous dresses I see on Downton Abbey while also being modern and chic. 
Julianna and Kerry’s dresses created the look of lace with beading. I’ve always wanted a dress like their dresses and fell in love with Kerry Washington’s dress the moment I saw it. The combination of the sheer skirt and neckline shows just the right amount of skin and the color compliments her so well. 
Maybe one day I’ll get the change to wear a dress like one of these dresses but until then I’ll soak up all the red carpet fashion.

~ Caroline

1 comment

  1. The Golden Globes definitely had some great style moments! Thanks for sharing your favorite looks.

    Keep up the great work on your blog.

    www.fashionandbeautyinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.