Social icons

Leopard As A Neutral?

Monday, December 10, 2012
jacket Forever 21, button-up forever 21, jeans J Brand, flats Aldo, watch Nordstrom, bag unkown

I know many bloggers and fashionistas call leopard a neutral, but I just don't get it. I love leopard print and I want to collect everything in it, but I wouldn't call it a neutral. Leopard print is simple and classic, so it goes with a lot, but not everything.
 Calling leopard print a neutral gives people the wrong idea. Unlike a white t-shirt or jeans you can't throw on you leopard print flats or scarf with just anything. There is an art to mixing prints and colors. I have by no means come even close to mastering the art of mixing prints, textures, and colors, but I have found a few great ways to wear my leopard print flats. 
The outfits above makes the flats seem like a small piece of my outfit, almost unnoticeable. But that is far from the truth. They are my favorite part of the outfit and pull the whole thing together. I tried mixing the leopard print and stripes and I have to say, I like it. By throwing my favorite jacket over top the stripes button-up the two prints aren't screaming out you. 
I hope to be a pro at mixing patterns one day and if I'm lucky I might one day be just as good as Blaire from Atlantic-Pacific
 Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

~ Caroline


4 comments

  1. I love the cute shoes with this outfit. I found your lovely blog on IFB and started following. Stop by whenever you feel like it and follow back if you like what you see :)
    xo
    Dora
    http://adropofindigo.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of both playing down leopard so it blends in with an outfit like you have done or else using it as a highlight to pop out - Leopard print is just such a cool versatile finish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, how are you?
    I just wanted to tell you that I really like your blog.
    I love Leopard! And love your loafers! They very pretty!

    And also that I've just nominated you for the Liebster award. To know more about the nomination go here:

    http://natalia-angello.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award-nomination.html

    Don't forget to send me your link just to see your nominees and your answers :)
    Hope you have a nice day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice outfit! I like the leopard plus stripes!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.