Social icons

Travel: Maine Day Trip

Friday, August 26, 2016

The best part of living in New England is that you can get pretty much anywhere in less than a three hour car ride. Whenever I get to spend an extended time at home with my family I like to plan at least a couple different day trips, and since I had a friend visiting last week it was even more fun to take her on a drive to my favorite places in Maine. Since I often do short trips up to Maine I wanted to share a few of my favorite towns and places with you all! The best part, each of these spots is less than two hours from Boston, even with a bit of traffic.

NUBBLE LIGHTHOUSE

We woke up early and left the house around 8:30 to head up to Nubble Lighthouse, my favorite New England lighthouse (tied with the one in this post). Unfortunately, on this trip I learned that the light on the lighthouse is definitely way better in the evening, so I wasn't able to get good pictures.


KENNEBUNKPORT

After exploring the rocky coast along the lighthouse we got back in the car and headed up to Kennebunkport. I visited Kennebunkport for this first time this past winter and fell in love with the cute town. After our early start I was seriously craving caffeine, so we popped into Dock Square Coffee House, an adorable spot with gorgeous views of the waterway.


MARGINAL WAY OGUNQUIT 

Ogunquit has been a favorite spot of my family for years and at least once a summer we drive up for a walk along the marginal way and lunch at Barnacle Billy's. If you don't love sitting on a beach all day, but want to experience the beauty of the Maine coast the Marginal Way is perfect for you. The path has dozens of gorgeous photo spots and ideal rocks for picnics. If you want to save a little money pack a picnic lunch ahead of time or grab a sandwich from The Village Food Market. Instead of trying to explain the beauty of the walk I'll let the photos speak for themselves.


SHOP MY LOOK:


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.