Social icons

Travel: Annisquam Lighthouse

Friday, January 8, 2016

One of my goals for this winter break was to get off my couch and actually explore a little bit of Massachusetts. I've been into Boston a couple of times since I've been home, but the best day trip I've set out on was this week to Gloucester with my friend Chloe. The Cape and North Shore of MA, both known for their beaches, are pretty deserted during the winter time, but that doesn't mean they are any less gorgeous. I always feel like beaches are even more beautiful in the winter because they are so peaceful. 

Our first stop in Gloucester was the Annisquam Harbor Lighthouse. It's an adorable little lighthouse that I'd only ever seen from across the inlet at a beach my family visits in the summer. We explored the beach and felt like kids climbing the rocks to get close to the lighthouse. I even waded into the water a bit (#thanksHunters) to see if I could feel how cold the water was. 

I've always loved lighthouses and make a point to see one whenever I travel somewhere in the Northeast. In the last year I've also seen this one and this one, but I have plenty more on my list :)

 SHOP THE POST: Forever 21 scarf (I'm OBSESSED with it!) // Lands End vest // J.Crew sweater // Gap jeans // Hunter boots

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.