Social icons

Outfit: City Escape

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Summer has officially arrived in the city. My first weekend of summer was pretty perfect, even though, despite what the title of this post say, I didn't leave the city at all. Saturday and Sunday my parents came into town to help me move into my apartment (they are actually saints), and when we weren't sweating carrying all my crap through Washington Square Park we were eating delicious food and enjoying the beautiful weather. 

Then after they left Sunday I went to stay with a friend, which has been the perfect start to summer. Monday morning we headed up to Central Park, stopping along the way for lobster rolls from Luke's (bucket list item!). With our rolls and my favorite Cape Cod chips we parked ourselves in a shady spot in the park and it felt like the best escape from reality. 

I so rarely have days where there's nothing on my schedule, so the two of us took advantage of our empty calendars and spent the day wandering the park.  We came across the JKO Reservoir and regressed about 10 years to little kids climbing the rocks. Well, that was until real kids kept photobombing my pictures.

 After wandering all the way up to 90th we cut out of the park and meandered down the west side stopping in Pottery Barn, West Elm, TJ Maxx and various other stores searching for apartment inspiration. When we finally made it back home it was time for some delicious chips and guac and a relaxing evening on the couch. 

All I can really say ism if the rest of the summer goes like this weekend, it's going to be a hell of a good one :)

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.