Social icons

Interiors: Rustic & Feminine

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

In less than a week I'll be moving into my new apartment and I honestly couldn't be more excited. Living on campus the last two years has been a great experience, but moving over and over again and never really getting to settle into a space can be taxing. In the last year I haven't lived in the same space for more than four months at a time since I moved from home, to Spain, and then back to New York. 

Now that I will finally have a bedroom to call my own for a more significant amount of time, I've been going all out with my Pinterest boards and inspiration collages. Even though, as my mom likes to remind me, I'll be living in a room the size of a closet (and smaller than some people's closets) I want the space to reflect my tastes and be somewhere I'm excited to come home to at the end of the day. 

After scrolling through my Places and Spaces Pinterest board I realized that my tastes are somewhere between country farmhouse and all out glam. Mixing more rustic pieces with hints of gold and sleek black creates a fun yet classic feeling. And maybe I'm just loving blush accents because it's spring, but adding hints of subtle pink and a bouquet of peonies seems like the perfect finishing point. The best part is now that I've figured out what I want the feeling to be I can go search out the best pieces to create it. While I would love to buy everything from Pottery Barn and One Kings Lane, what I'll really be doing is hopping between Home Goods and random thrift stores like Housing Works to find  similar pieces at a much cheaper price. 


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.