Social icons

Trends For Fall 2015

Wednesday, February 18, 2015
Fashion Week craziness is evident all across New York city, but to be honest I've missed a lot of this year. Between an intense week of school extra-curriculars as well as a much needed visit from my little sis NYFW was pushed to the back of my mind. That is, until I went on Style.com to watch recaps and found one too many looks to obsessed over. 

This season (so far) my favorite designer looks have come from Tibi, Rebecca Minkoff, Alice + Olivia, Joie, and of course the always amazing J.Crew and Banana Republic. From the collections I've perused it seems that, from the designers I love, there was a perfect mix of my favorite trends from the last few seasons and shockingly beautiful new trends. When Fall 2015 arrives we will surely all be wondering whether to stick with the classics or try out some very different trends. 

What's Here to Stay:
  • - Classic fall colors aren't gong anywhere. Those maroons (my favorite) and oranges were all over the red carpet.
  • - Leather is still a must-have. The money we've spent on all that leather (and pleather) is still worth it since the leather craze will be around for at least another season. Leather skirts were everywhere!
  • - Casual/Athletic style is the go-to. If you're craving pretty pleats or ruffles I feel ya, but the casual boyfriendy and athletic look is still taking over. 
  • - Turtlenecks are most definitely still a yes, so if you see cute winter styles on sale right now don't feel bad picking up a few to save for next fall!

What's New:
  •  - Pastels for fall are in. Don't ask me who thought pastels were meant for fall, but they sure are everywhere at NYFW. Between pastel sweaters and my favorite pastel pink trousers from J.Crew there is plenty of springy feeling for this fall. 
  • - Short shorts are back. Remember the amazing short suits from a few years ago? They're (sort of) back! Plenty of designers were showing cute tailored shorts for the fall and I fell in love with a few short suits from Alice + Olivia. 
  • - Navy is the new black. Navy was everywhere as I was sorting through different collections. While black can never really be replaced it seems navy blue may be taking over in the neutral category. 

*pictures via Style.com 

4 comments

  1. This post is so well-thought out! Loved reading it! My favorite trend: Navy. Navy. Navy!

    Pink Champagne Problems

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready for the navy! I love my all black looks, but I all I want right now is to play around with an all navy look. Thanks so much :)


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seriously obsessed with the post! I'm so excited that the casual/athletic vibe is taking over, the fact that navy is basically the new black, and that short shorts are trending again! Woo for fashion haha
    xox
    chloe
    http://popcosmo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Chloe! I'm definitely going to be all over the monochrome navy!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.