Social icons

Shop: A Cohesive Wardrobe

Thursday, May 1, 2014

After finding out last week that I will only be able to pack two large suitcases and a carry on for my semester abroad this fall I had a bit of a panic attack. I know I'm crazy for worrying about packing for a trip that is four months away, but that's what happens when you are really attached to your clothes. 

I also have a pretty in cohesive wardrobe, meaning a lot of different neutrals and colors that don't really go together. The amount of pieces I have that only work in two or three specific outfits is kind of ridiculous, and those aren't the kinds of things I can bring with me to Madrid. So my focus for the next few months is to ensure that everything I buy can be worn in about a million different ways. One of the easiest ways to do this is to stick to a good color palette of neutrals. While black and navy can work together picking one dark neutral and then adding whites, creams, and cognac (which goes with everything). I'll definitely be expanding the black section of my wardrobe with lots of fun stripes and pretty cuts. 

Also, happy May! I'm officially in summer mode, even though the weather is not really cooperating. Crossing my fingers that the April showers are officially over. Seriously, bring on the sun!

2 comments

  1. You're so lucky to have summer break already! Good luck with packing :)


    HCXO Semirah
    www.soundofcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Semirah! I actually have about three more weeks of school, but I'm almost there!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.