Social icons

My First Year At NYU

Monday, May 19, 2014
As of 9am this morning I will be finished with my first year at NYU! I remember the first time I walked down a NYC street by myself as I went to pick up my NYU ID last September. There was definitely a skip in my step and a huge smile on my face as I walked down Lafayette, and honestly not much has changed. I can’t help but smile when I walk down Broadway to class every morning (ok, except when it was 10 degrees outside). What has changed, though, is that eight months ago New York was just a dream and now it feels like my home. 

I wish I could go through all the memories I have from this year because I don’t every want to forget them. The new friends I made when school started are now the people I can’t live without. The traditions we’ve created this year (hello weekly bagel trips) and the amount of times I’ve laughed harder than I ever thought could made every day special. Sitting in the dining hall for hours talking and arguing about everything under the sun is something I can only do with these people and it’s going to be a long summer (and fall) without them.

While I don’t think I’ve learned even close to everything college has to teach me, this year has definitely changed me. NYU has taught me to be proud of who I am. I go to a school where people are unique and have amazing dreams of their own, but they are always there to support your dreams. With Project Outreach at the beginning of 1st semester and joining NYU’s Admissions Ambassadors 2nd semester I’ve been lucky enough to be apart of two communities with truly incredible people. These people (and others), some of whom are my best friends while others I’ve barely gotten to know, have taught me it is ok to just do what you love and be yourself. . 

I’m sure there will be a few more posts about my first year at NYU in the coming months, especially since I’ll probably be wishing I to be in New York almost every day, but as the year is ending I want to say thank you to the incredible friends I’ve made this year. My experience would have been nothing without them and their support. I’m already counting down the days until I’ll be back at NYU in New York in January.

1 comment

  1. That looks super fun! I am also in university! I'd love to talk more about the "Her Campus Blogger Network" and how I can become part of it! Anywho I am bookmarking your blog!

    Lets follow each other on Bloglovin and keep in touch! I always follow back!

    Love from Canada,

    Marie from Elle Charie

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.