Social icons

Shop: Spring Cardigans

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Living in New England for most of my life has taught me a lot about layering. Whatever the season layering is essential to keep warm in the cold, whether it's a 10 degree winter day or the air conditioning is blowing in stores. During fall I love adding jackets to my outfits, but when spring comes my go-to is always a cardigan. I used to have these sweaters in every color, but over the last few years I've consolidated to my favorite three basics.

A light sweater in both color and weight is perfect for hotter days and can easily be worn with bright items or neutrals. I love an all white or neutral look, but in the spring adding a patterned scarf or bright statement necklace is the perfect way to bring color to a white outfit. 

On the opposite side I love having a slightly thicker boyfriend fit sweater in a dark color. I'm used to chillier spring days in New England and windy nights on the Cape where a thicker sweater is perfect for staying warm. To dress it up wear the sweater over a flowy sundress and to keep it casual pair it with boyfriend shorts and a floral camisole. 

Lastly we have my favorite pattern, stripes. I'm sure you all know that I own a million different striped pieces from tops and sweater to skirts and dresses.  Stripes of course go with my favorite nautical spring and summer looks so I wear a lot of them during these seasons. Having a striped sweater in neutral colors is an easy way to add a little pop to your outfit. You can keep everything else simple with a pair of jeans and white blouse or add other patterns and colors to really play with the pattern!

Hope you all have a happy hump day! I know I'm counting down the hours until friday evening. Does anyone else feel like this week is incredibly long?

4 comments

  1. Seasonal layering abilities are super important (especially this time of year) a lightweight cardigan can be a lifesaver! Love that striped one!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are always life savers for me! Thanks for reading Miche!

      Caroline

      Delete
  2. love the striped cardigan : D they are definitely a necessity!

    www.laceeswan.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.