Social icons

Styled: Slip-Ons

Monday, March 3, 2014

My go to pair of shoes has always been flats. My friends know that even if it is 20 degrees outside I love to throw on a pair of flats as I run out the door. If you had asked me a year ago what I thought about slip-on sneakers I would have looked at you like you were crazy, because my only impression of those shoes was the classic checkered Vans that 'skaters' wore. With my comparatively feminine style the thought of wearing a pair of slip on sneakers seemed crazy to me, that was until recently. 

Even though the slip on trend started a while ago it's taken me until now to actually see the appeal. I believe this is partly because I'm getting oh so sick of boots and slip ons have a bit more foot coverage than my usual flats, but I also am loving them for spring/summer. I love the idea pairing patterned slip ons with white jeans or a dressier skirt (or even just the classic jeans and striped tee) as an alternative to my normal flats. Another plus I've started to consider is the comfort factor of slip ons. When the weather in the city is nice I love walking around and exploring and slip ons are most definitely the nicest shoes on my feet! 

What do you all think of the slip on trend? Shop some of my favorite picks below!




6 comments

  1. I'm just like you Caroline! This trend has been a long time coming, but I'm finally starting to love it! I think they'd be the perfect shoe for spring! Fabulous post;)

    xoxo,
    caroline
    vaisforlillylovers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I am so short I always am wearing heels, would love to be the type of person to always wear flats. I like the slip on sneaker trend especially because everyone is making way cute versions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always wearing flats too! I think the slip on trend is awesome, especially since I just can't bring myself to jump on the "sneakers with a nice outfit" trend yet.

    Pink Champagne Problems

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the leopard ones, so cool! :D

    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not super into sneakers without laces, but I have a pair WITH laces that I pretty much wear as slip-ons... all the time. I'm wearing them right now. Super comfy. I feel weird wearing them with dresses and skirts though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I've also been starting to turn towards sneakers--they're such a fun alternative to flats! xx

    <(") Hoda
    JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.