Social icons

Hello Madrid!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014
{via}

Hey all! I'm so sorry for the lack of posts this week. After finishing midterms yesterday it has been nice to just be able to relax a bit (and watch some Parks and Rec... I'm obsessed). Sometimes tuning out and taking to catch up on all the things, like cleaning my room and organizing school stuff, is just what I need. 

However, I found out some incredible news yesterday. I'm pretty horrible at keeping secrets so not writing about my excitement on Peachy Keen wasn't possible. I just found out I've been accepted for a study abroad program in Madrid for this fall!! I have loved traveling ever since I traveled to Ireland the summer after my freshman year of high school and now I'll be spending four months in another country. Madrid is an incredible of city and I plan on experiencing it as much as I possibly can during my time there. Improving my spanish skills, seeing the beautiful El Retiro Park, feasting on delicious spanish food, and really just experiencing the culture are all on my wish list. Of course the list goes on with all the other places I want to visit, including Marrakesh, Barcelona, and many different cities in Italy that I've been to before. 

I'm sure I'll be writing about my excitement and preparations in the coming months and I cannot wait to share my experience abroad with all of you!

12 comments

  1. You will absolutely love Spain! I studied there the spring semester of my senior year in high school. If you need any recommendations, or just want to chat all things Spain, email me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool! When do you get here? Maybe we'll cross paths!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be there until September. Thanks!

      Caroline

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! That is SO awesome. My biggest regret was not studying abroad while in college.

    Pink Champagne Problems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana! I couldn't be more excited!

      Caroline

      Delete
  4. Congrats on traveling abroad! I just recently applied - I hope my news is as exciting as yours! I can't wait for the fall and to see/read all about your experience!

    Constance || Prep Northwest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you hear great news soon. I can't wait to hear about your experience as well! It's so exciting!

      Caroline

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, hope you have a great time in Madrid! :D

    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to looooove Madrid! I love Spain so so so much! You should try to go to the south of Spain while you are there too! Granda and Seville are must go places!
    Eat lots of jamón Iberico for me!
    Xo,
    Gracey
    www.stripesandpeonies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS on Madrid!!!!!!! I spent last summer studying abroad in Spain - Alicante! - but started and ended my journey in Madrid, and I was so in love. There's an adorable little helado joint on a street corner in center city, and the guys there love learning English from Americans. Totally not helpful since I don't remember the name of the street, but if you find it, I'm sure you'll love it, too. (:
    Barcelona is incredible, also, so soak in every single ounce of it all. So excited for you!!
    Erica
    http://cominguprosestheblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.