Social icons

The Top Every Girl Needs

Monday, April 15, 2013
{photos from my tumblr}

When I say this is a top every girl needs I mean this is a top every girl needs at least three of. Striped shirts are the perfect go with everything top. Just from the pictures above you can see how much you can pair a classic striped shirt with. They can be dressed up or down. You can add other patterns or keep it simple with neutrals. The possibilities are actually endless. 

Over the years I've searched for the perfect striped shirt. I've always thought I'd find the shirt, the one I would buy five of just so I would have it forever, but this hasn't happened. However, I've realized there isn't just one perfect striped top, but many, and I've slowly started collecting them all. I love striped button downs, sweaters, and more, but the classic tee is my favorite of course. 

Some of my favorite striped tees:
1. Saint James for J.Crew Shrunken Tee - I've tried this top on so many times but have yet to shell out the pretty high $80 for it
2. Forever 21 Open-Knit Striped Top - Forever 21 actually has great Tees, and I love the cut and texture of this one. 
3. Forever 21 Essential Boat Neck Striped Top - The name says it all. This top is so cute and I love the way the stripes don't go all the way down the shirt. 
4. Madewell Indigo Ink Raglan Tee - Madewell always does it right and this multi-hued blue tee is perfect for casual days. 
5. Gap Striped Slub Baseball Tee - I am coveting this tee! It could easily be dressed up or down. 
6. Anthropologie Kaleidoscope Pocket Tee - Anthropologie did it again with this tee. The stripes paired with a patterned pocket does the pattern mixing for you! My favorite is the light blue and white. 


4 comments

  1. I agree, and I need to get a striped shirt asap!

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree! Striped shirts are an essential! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I was on the hunt for the perfect striped shirt and shortly after I found it, I shrunk it :( It was the Madewell Mademoiselle shirt and they no longer make it!

    www.dressingroomdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more! striped shirts look great with anything!

    Much love xx
    Brianna
    www.styleforone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.