Social icons

Splurge vs Save: Statement Necklace

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hey all! I have a quick post today since my week is crazy busy. I only have three more days until April vacation starts though so I am trying to chug through! 

I've recently been buying a lot of statement jewelry. While I used to wear mostly small delicate pieces in all silver or gold I've been drawn more towards bright and bold pieces. However, while JCrew and many other brands have incredible necklaces the price tag can get pretty steep. It begs the question, is this something I should really be spending $100 on?I'm sure you've noticed one of my favorite necklaces (seen here, here, and here on the blog) from J.Crew. I wear it all the time and I've been itching for more necklaces as spring has started! 

How much do you think I should spend on a new statement necklace? Is Forever 21 the way to go or should a splurge a little and buy something that is sure to last?

~ Caroline


7 comments

  1. Love the J Crew one.

    xXx
    http://unspeakablethoughtsunspoken.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love this post! My favorite is the one from J. Crew! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these necklaces! I also scope out eBay, BaubleBar, and Amazon for some great finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. really great selection of statement necklaces, I love them all!
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look so amazing <3 love the forever 21 one :)
    www.fashionglow.ro

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the 1st and 2nd one! :)

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me some statement jewelry (as much as I love the delicate pieces!). I often feel if people aren't ready to "invest" in them, going to stores like Forever 21 is great since you can get some great pieces for a fraction of the cost! It's a great way to "test" out how much you may like wearing bold pieces. =D
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.