Social icons

Caroline's Easy Peasy Avocado Toast

Tuesday, August 12, 2014
If you ask me what my favorite meal is I can say without hesitation it is breakfast (well brunch, but I feel like that is cheating since it combines two meals). I could eat breakfast foods for the rest of my life and be completely happy. Eggs benedict, french toast, hash browns... I love them all. However, most of my favorite breakfast foods are time consuming or hard to make so I rarely get the chance to indulge in them, so that's where avocado toast comes in. 

Hands down avocado toast is the easiest and most delicious breakfast food that you can make at home. I can't even remember when avocado toast became popular, but from my first try I jumped on board with the world's obsession. The best part is that unlike eggs benedict I can make this delicious breakfast in under 10 minutes (meaning I eat it all the time). On a morning when I have a little extra time (aka when I don't start work til 11) I always end up making some variation of avocado toast. 

There are about a million different recipes for avocado toast on the internet, but I thought I would share how I make mine since I've combined a couple different recipes I've read overtime. Many people use lime in their mash, but I love lemons so I use lemon juice instead. Once you've made the basic version once or twice I highly recommend trying out variations. For a heartier breakfast I love adding a poached egg on top and if you are a guac lover like me you have to try adding in tomatoes and cilantro to the basic mash. 

What other variations of avocado toast have you made? I'm always looking for new ways to make it!

13 comments

  1. Looks sooo yummy!! I also LOVE the way you made this post and incorporated the pictures like that.. reminds me of Carly of TCP :) I used to hate avocado but am starting to like it more now.... will definitely try avocado toast soon. Great post! XO, Nicole
    www.empirestyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I'm a breakfast lover as well and avocado toast is one I always look forward to! Your darling photos are just making my mouth water! Glad to connect tonight xx
    —Rebecca
    www.wanderdust.co

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum yum! Avocado is my absolute favorite recently. I've been making an avocado + egg salad a lot lately, and this toast will be a great twist. I've pinned this for the next time I go to the grocery store.

    Ps. I'd love if you would share this at my weekly link up, delicious dish Tuesday, live now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh,I'll have to try this!! Everyone is talking about how yummy it is-thanks for sharing :)

    Xo,
    Adalia
    seabreezeandstyling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love avocado toast! For mine, I use mashed avocado with crushed red pepper on whole wheat bread, prosciutto and an egg (sunny-side up!) It's delicious!


    - Kirstin
    kirstinuity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious! I just started liking avocado after I finally tried guacamole, so now I'm dying to try this. Thanks for the recipe!
    xo
    Caroline
    citrusandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Nicole! It was really fun to put the post together (and of course to eat the toast)!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. That egg salad sounds so good! Thanks for reading.


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is SO delicious! Thanks!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds so good. I love prosciutto so I have to try adding that!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds amazing! I'm a huge avocado advocate - this post has me craving some now!

    Constance || Prep Northwest

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.