Social icons

Spring 2013 Trend: Tweed

Thursday, March 7, 2013
{clockwise from top right: Nasty Gal yellow blazer, tobi dress, J.crew shorts, tobi moto jacket, forever 21 pink jacket}
{runway images from style.com}

Tweed is definitely having a moment this spring, and I couldn't be more excited about it. From jackets to shorts tweed is popping up everywhere! Worn the right way I believe tweed can be sophisticated and fun at the same time. 

That being said tweed can easily become frumpy or unflattering so make sure to find pieces that work for your style and body. An easy way to make sure you don't end up looking frumpy is by wearing tweed pieces in edgier cuts, like a motorcycle jacket. I love the bright pink tweed moto jacket (also available in a cream color!) above because it could be worn for so many occasions.

During fashion week in the fall I was obsessed with the Rebecca Minkoff tweed shorts suit that is shown above, but I'm not sure I could wear that much tweed. Instead I've been looking for the perfect pair of tweed shorts and I think I may have finally found a pair. 

There are dozens of great tweed pieces on tobi, Nasty Gal, and Forever 21 for completely affordable prices! I would definitely recommend checking it out. 

~ Caroline

p.s. Only one day until the weekend! I'm willing myself to get through this week. The month of march is notoriously the worst month of school. Counting down the days until May 31st!

2 comments

  1. Love the colors! :D

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pick the red moto jacket!
    xoxo KJ

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.