Social icons

Spring 2013 Trend: Bold Stripes

Friday, March 8, 2013
{clockwise from top: f21 skirt, topshop top, f21 pants, j.crew flats, madewell shirt, topshop bag, madewell dress}
{runway images from style.com}

For the last spring trend of the week I have one of my favorites, bold stripes. The black and white stripes are sometimes called jail house stripes as well. Stripes are classic but this spring they are more striking and bold. I love the harsh contrast that these stripes cause in an outfit. 

Some of my favorite pieces are the skirt, long sleeve shirt, and flats above. The flats are classic really. They will go with anything and everything and could easily be mixed with other patterns. The stripes on the skirt are great since the stripes are different sizes and won't look as unflattering as blunt thick stripes. I also love the top because I can see it with pastel jeans or tucked into a colorful skirt!

Happy Friday! This week has felt like a thousand weeks put together so I'm extremely happy it is over. Hope we can all get a little  r&r and some fun before Monday morning. 

~ Caroline

4 comments

  1. Hi There! Glad to have found your blog via Sequins and Stripes. I don't think anyone can have enough Stripes in their wardrobe! Excited to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so into stripes right now...they are so fun & also super flattering!

    xx
    www.FashionHotBox.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really in love with patterns, especially stripes <3 ... Would appreciate to have you on my fashion blog, my dear! Kisses from Vienna, Katja

    "color blocking collection"

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.