Social icons

Discovering New Bloggers Through The Liebster Award

Wednesday, December 12, 2012


Yesterday I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Many of you have probably seen it around the blogosphere recently. Only blogs with under 200 followers can be nominated with the idea of promoting new bloggers. It is a great way to learn about new blogs and bloggers and recognize how hard they have worked. I want to thank Natalia from Doux Art Sweet Design for nominating me. She is an amazing artist and you should all check out her blog. 

When nominated for the award you are supposed to answer the questions given to you by the blogger that nominated you. Here are Natalia's questions for me!

1. What's your favourite city or In which city would you like to live?
I've visited cities in many countries but there is one that I think will always have my heart. New York. This post tells a little more about my love for this amazing city. 

2. Do you know speak any other language? and if not, Which one would you like to learn?
I have taken spanish in school for years but my knowledge is minimal. It is pretty unlikely that I would be able to survive off my spanish, but I do know how to say can I go to the bathroom (puedo ir al bano?). If I were to learn another language I would love to learn German or Italian. 

3. What's your favourite meal of all the time?
 I love food and come from a family that loves cooking, so I have many favorite meals. My dads risotto is to die for and pretty much anything my grandma makes is eaten completely by me. I will eat any type of pasts. I'm addicted!

 4. What's your favorite item in all your wardrobe?
Hands down my chambray shirt. I bought it from J.Crew last year and it has been worn more than anything else. Dress it up, dress it down, it goes with anything! 

5. What are those 3 things you can't live without?
Sad to say I probably couldn't live without my iPhone and all the things that come with it (like Instagram!). I also don't know if I could live without ice cream. What can I say I work at an ice cream store, it is a job requirement. Lastly, I could live without blue jeans. Like my chambray shirt they go with anything. Jeans are classic american (in a good way) and there are so many different styles. I couldn't live without my favorite blue jeans!

6. Those 3 things you would never get into (like some fashion trends, any TV show, etc).
I always go with the motto always try something once, but in reality it is try almost everything once. My number one never ever is leggings as pants. Seriously everyone, leggings are not pants! I don't think I will ever be a fan of colored hair, at least not on myself. I've seen a few people who completely pull of pink or blue hair, but that will never be me. While I know you will all hate me for saying this, I will never be a fan of Elf. I know it is the best christmas movie of all time or something along those lines, but I don't like it. I do love Christmas spirit though, just not Elf. 

7. The worst movie you've ever watched?
I've seen a lot of bad movies, but the worst is probably Psycho Ward. It is a low budget horror movie that frankly is horrible. But it is horrible to the point of hilarious. You should definitely find it on Netflix and watch it

8. The best book you've ever read?
I've read a lot of books, and have a lot of favorites, so this is really hard. A few of my favorites are The Great Gatsby, A Company of Swans, and The Secret Garden. Also the 6th Harry Potter book is my favorite. I mean who doesn't like Harry Potter?!

9. How did you came up with your Blog's title?
Peachy Keen means that everything is all right, but if you have heard someone use the phrase 'peachy keen' you know that half the time they are being sarcastic. I've always thought this was funny so when I was thinking of phrases I loved and sort of described me peachy keen is what came to find. I'm sarcastic pretty often (which you will quickly realize if you read my blog), but usually everything is great and I like writing and photographing the things I love. 

10. How do you see yourself in 5 years?
Well in five years I will have just graduated from college (hopefully, I'm still crossing my fingers on those apps), so I honestly have no idea where I will be. I definitely need college to figure out what exactly I want to do for the rest of my life. I'm hoping in five years I will have a job that I love, whatever that may be, and still be involved in fashion and style in some way!

11. What will be your dream Job?
There are a lot of things I hope to do in my life so I don't really have one dream job. I would love to be a photographer like Scott Schuman, from The Sartorialist, or work at a magazine, or travel, or own my own business. Basically my dream job is something where I get to do everything I love; fashion, photography, traveling, and collaborating with others. I haven't found a job that does all those things yet though, so wish me luck!

Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award (used bloglovin' follow count):

And 11 my questions are: 
1) How did you name your blog?
2) What is a trend you don't want to go away?
3) Where is your favorite place you have been?
4) What is a piece you think looks good on everyone?
5) What should every girl have?
6) Who are three people you admire?
7) Describe your personal style.
8) What are two things you cannot live without?
9) Where do you hope to be in five years?
10) What is your favorite holiday tradition?
11) Do you have a New Years Resolution? If yes, what is it?





2 comments

  1. someone nominated me, but when does the nomination process ends? who decides the winner?

    love, Gongy

    http://groolstyle.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.