Social icons

Favorite Blogger Trends from NYFW

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

This year I made absolutely no plans for fashion week besides work related events, then last second a few friends reached out about going to events with them throughout the week and boy am I happy they did. At times blogging can be pretty lonely, I spend a lot more time brainstorming and writing on my own than I do hanging out with other people in the community. I'd much rather be spending time with other bloggers, so getting the chance to hang with some of my local faves like Dana, Allie, Lauren, Kate, and Emily this week was the best. I also especially love getting to meet new people like Danielle and Leigha when they're in town!

These girls all have inspirational stories and blogs but on top of that, seeing all their fashion week styles has made me want to head down to SoHo and buy everything (oops). Specifically, there were a few trends I saw on other bloggers this past week that I just have to have! I'm trying to cut down on my clothing spending for the rest of the month, so until I can go out and shop again I thought I'd share a list of my favorite trends!

1) WHITE BOOTS


Ok, white boots are definitely not in my normal style wheelhouse and my manager at work actually laughed out loud when I said I wanted a pair, but how cute are all these boots? They definitely have a very 70s feel, but I love that options with a stacked heel feel a bit more classic, more like my style.

2) SAILOR PANTS



While I've definitely lessened my nautical vibes since starting this blog back in 2012 I still have a love for all things navy and buttoned. I've recently obsessed with culottes all summer (evidence 1 and 2) and the addition of gold button detailing is feeling just right for the coming months. You can go all out nautical with a striped top or keep it edgier by trying out an olive pair with black details.

3) MAUVE PINK



After my parents dressed me in pink constantly as a child I rejected pretty much every version of pink (and yeah not a huge fan of this whole milennial pink thing), but mauve pink is definitely something I can get behind. It feels a bit moodier than regular pink, while still giving off the feminine feel (which I'm also all about for fall). I can pretty much guarantee you're going to see this color everywhere this fall!

4) DUSTER JACKETS & SWEATERS



Want to look cool without really trying? Get yourself a great duster jacket or cardigan to layer over literally any outfit. Allie killed a dressy version of this look on Saturday night and since then I've been obsessed. Playing with proportions almost always leads to a killer look and I definitely want to add a duster jacket to my fall wardrobe as an easy layering piece. For casual days at the office all it needs is jeans and a tee or for put it over a LBD for a meeting!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.