Social icons

Montauk Point Light

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I was in Montauk with my family, these last few weeks of August are flying by. While I was out out east for the weekend I had two things on my must-do list. The first was trying out The Lobster Roll, which I talked about here last week, and the other was heading to Montauk Point Light. If you don't know - I kind of have a thing for lighthouses. One of my lifelong goals is to visit all the lighthouses in New England (there are almost 200) and have a running list on my phone of the ones I've visited. 

So on my last day in Montauk, even with so-so weather I made my fam head out to the state park and trek across the rocks to get some of the best views of the lighthouse. Luckily, I was wearing my trusty espadrilles, perfect for ensuring I wouldn't slip on the rocks while still looking beach ready.

While Cape Cod and Nantucket will probably always be my favorite beach destinations in the Northeast, I would definitely go back to Montauk for another weekend. Besides the lighthouse, highlights included breakfast sandwiches from Montauk Bake Shoppe, cocktails and dinner at Inlet Seafood (definitely family friendly!), and of course spending the day at the beach with a Montauk Watermelon Beer in hand!

SHOP THE POST
OUTFIT 1: Zara tee (similar) // Forever 21 shorts (similar) // Steve Madden Sandals
OUTFIT 2: Urban Outfitters top (similar) // Gap shorts (similar) // Lauren Ralph Lauren espadrilles

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.