Social icons

5 Apps You Didn't Know You Needed

Monday, March 27, 2017

I'm one of those people who is almost always within two feet of my phone, even at night when it's under my pillow. While it isn't necessarily healthy to be so connected all the time (technology breaks like my eight days in Cuba are often needed!), we live in a mobile world and it and these days my phone holds my entire life.

All of this being said, there's a lot of clutter on my phone (old games, editing apps I never use, etc) so when my phone broke last week and Apple had to reset everything it felt good to have a clean slate. In the days after getting my phone wiped I realized what apps really are my must-haves and which ones were just taking up space (a hot commodity on any blogger's iPhone). Besides the obvious - Instagram, Gmail, Spotify, Uber, etc - there were 5 apps that I could not wait to have back, so I thought I would share!

1) Infatuation
If you don't already use The Infatuation then you NEED to check out their site. They put together the best restaurant guides on everything from happy hours to cheap brunches, and I constantly find new spots to try thanks to their reviews. Most importantly though, the Infatuation app allows your to save spots to your running hit list so that you never forget the spots you want to try out!

2) LiketoKnow.it
LiketoKnow.it has made Instagram shoppable for years, but now with the new app you can easily see all the posts you want to shop in one place! The discover page on the app is my go-to whenever I need a little outfit inspiration. I love that it's only two steps between seeing a product on Instagram I want to buy and getting to the product page.

3) Google Photos
I've definitely learned my lesson when it comes to backing up photos on my phone. Yes, I lost ALL my photos when my phone broke last week - and that's where Google Photos comes in. Log in with your Google account and you'll get unlimited storage space for iPhone quality photos. All you have to do is open up the app every once in a while to make sure your photos are backing up. I'm now setting a reminder to back up all my photos each week!

4) Clue
This one is for all the girls out there. I'm the worst at keeping track of my period and Clue makes it so easy to put in info on your cycle. Over time the app learns more about you and can accurately predict things like PMS, when you'll get your period, fertile windows, etc. It makes my life so much easier to just open up an app and have all that info at my fingertips.

5) Photoshop Express
I edit about 80% of my photos on the go and Photoshop Express changes the game for both iPhone and DSLR photos. It takes photos to a level that Snapseed and Afterlight couldn't dream of and is the perfect way to edit any photo before putting it into VSCO for filters. The app is free, but if you subscribe to Adobe Cloud you'll also be able to access extra features!

Do you guys have any apps you can't live without? Let me know in the comments!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.