Social icons

Holiday 2015: Thanksgiving Day

Wednesday, November 11, 2015
There are only two weeks until Thanksgiving! And incase I haven't said it enough times I'll remind you again: Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. The weather, the food, the family - it's just all my favorite things wrapped into one glorious day. 

Every family has their own Thanksgiving traditions and some of mine include making a very early breakfast for my sister's cheer team and then heading over to my high school's football game. Before my parents started making breakfast for over a dozen girls each Thanksgiving morning, we used to head up to my town's annual Turkey Trot. While I never ran it (Me running? No that doesn't happen. I hate running), it was always fun to watch my dad head off with everyone! Plus, just being there makes me feel like it's ok to eat a little more later on ;) After cutting out of the football game early we always head home to start the meal prep for my entire extended family that comes later in the day for lots of food and football. Incase you didn't know, I'm a huge Patriots fan

There seems to always be some much happening on Thanksgiving that what I'm wearing is the last thing on my mind, and I'm sure you all would agree. College students get maybe 3-4 days at home and it's a marathon of family time, catching up with friends, and maybe getting a little extra sleep. So, instead of scrambling last minute for what to wear I'm planning ahead this year. 2 weeks is just enough time to order some key pieces online so I don't have to partake in the holiday shopping madness that has somehow already descended on NYC. No matter what your traditions are on Thanksgiving a new outfit with a little pizzazz (with room for an expanding stomach) is the perfect complement to the day. 

What are your family traditions for Thanksgiving? I'm also always curious to know - do you dress up or go super casual like my family?

SHOP THE POST:
Football Game: plaid flannel // vest // jeans // scarf // short rain boots // socks
Turkey Trot: pullover // leggings // hat (only $14) // gloves // water bottle // sneakers
Dressy Holiday Dinner: peacoat //plaid dress // gold cuff // tassel bracelet // boots (on sale!) // olive bag
Casual Family Dinner: turtleneck sweater // black jeans // leopard flats (under $90!) // fringe bag // watch

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.