Social icons

Outfit: Transitioning to Spring

Wednesday, March 25, 2015
The last week or so it's felt like spring one second and the depths of winter the next. With April approaching everyone knows it's just a matter of time until the flowers are blooming and every seat in Washington Square Park is taken, but for now we're (somewhat) content finding the sunny spots while walking down the street. 

This time of year is one of the hardest to dress for in my opinion. I've already unpacked my spring and summer clothing with the hopes of breaking out a few of my favorite pieces, but the weather is telling me to bundle up. Over the years though I've found the loop hole to dressing for spring when it's really still winter outside, Spring Sweaters. 

Yes, I know we are all sick of sweaters, but when I pull out a thin sweater with stripes or in a light pastel I always feel a little bit more like I'm bundling up for a summer evening instead of going out into the cold. I've collected a few of my favorite spring sweaters below to share with you all. Sadly, the one I'm wearing above has since sold out from Banana Republic.

Also, I'm heading down to Washington DC this weekend and would love any suggestions of where I should go and what I should eat :)

Wearing: Zara coat // Banana Republic Sweater // Unknown leather leggings // Kenneth Cole slip ons // Urban Outfitters bag





7 comments

  1. Love this outfit, such a comfy choice. Definitely right up my alley! Especially those stripes :) You'll be in my neck of the woods this weekend! I added a directory to my blog with a bunch of amazing restaurants you should try. I'm trying to make it to all of them while I live here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hasn't the weather been crazy lately..I am ready for it to actually and truly be spring! Hopefully soon!
    I love your outfit, I am always a sucker for black and white stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw love the sweater, and those sneakers! I wanted to buy the ones from Target when they were on clearance, but they were sold out of my size. Have fun in DC!

    Constance || Prep Northwest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to top of the rock - it looks so so so gorgeous. And seriously love the print mixing in this outfit!


    - Kirstin
    kirstinuity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pictures, lady! I'm actually heading to DC this weekend too - definitely hit up M St. and Wisconsin in Georgetown for some good shopping and food;) I love going to Georgetown's campus to walk around, it's STUNNING!

    Pink Champagne Problems

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice outfit--and such a lovely spot to take photos! Our temps have been all over. Today was 50, tomorrow is warm too, but the next day...it's supposed to snow, and I am not pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving this simple and chic look, you can never go wrong with a pop of leopard!!

    XO Courtney
    www.colormecourtney.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.