Social icons

Day in the Life

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Now that I'm back to my semester routine I thought I'd share what a day in my life looks like. Of course, when I thought about how I wanted to share my day with you I knew I had to do it Hallie Wilson style aka minute by minute (though no one could ever be as funny as Hallie).

Wednesday January 28, 2015
6:30 a.m. The alarm on my phone starts to go off and I scramble to turn it off before I wake up my roommate.

6:32 a.m. Still lying in bed thinking there is no way in hell I can go to the gym right now.

6:33 a.m. I can hear my suite-mate (and gym buddy) putting her shoes on in the kitchen so I pull myself out of bed and change into gym clothes.

6:45 a.m. I start pushing my feet to turn the elliptical on as I look for the next episode of Serial on my iPhone. I'm currently obsessed with Serial and would love more podcast suggestions.

7:05 a.m. I'm 2/3 of the way done with my workout... and I kind of feel like death. The only way I'll work out is if I do it in the morning, but it s.u.c.k.s. a lot.

7:30 a.m. Into the shower I go. Thank god for warm morning showers. (I still want to crawl back into bed though)
7:45 a.m. The best part of the day - Breakfast. My current go-to is vanilla greek yogurt, strawberries, a little Kind granola and a slice of multi-grain toast with butter.

8:30 a.m. I've been procrastinating for the last half hour and now I have twenty minutes to get dressed, do my makeup, and put by bag together. oops.

8:50 a.m. I head into the freezing arctic island of Manhattan and slip and slide through the snow and ice as the wind slaps my face. Yeah, no fun whatsoever.

9:30 a.m. My first class of the day, Economics of Global Business, begins as I shut my computer after reading The Skimm.

10:45 a.m. EGB is over. Woooooo.

11:00 a.m. Movie Marketing, my favorite class this semester, starts off with a few hilarious trailers. My favorite is the trailer for Ben Hur from 1959.

12:15 p.m. My stomach is grumbling as I walk to my Marketing Society meeting where we will be playing a fun brand logo game and snacking on delicious dumplings.
2:45 p.m. I arrive at my Admissions Ambassador shift just in time! Thank god the building my classes were in are connected to my work building because I'm dreading going outside.

5:00 p.m. I leave work and swing by Toby's Estate quickly to get a boost of caffeine before another meeting.
6:00 p.m. Last meeting of the day! Brainstorming ideas for the USWIB conference that is just a few weeks away. I cannot wait to go home.

7:05 p.m. I'm finally heading up Broadway on my way home and it is freakin' cold. The food in my fridge is the only thing getting me through this weather. Chicken and rice here I come!
7:45 p.m. Yes. Food. I couldn't be happier as I sit at the kitchen table catching up with my roommates and checking my email.

8:30 p.m. All I have to do is finish up a few projects for Dressometry and I'm home free.

9:30 p.m. The semester has just started which means I have nothing to do yet for class so I settle into my bed with an episode (or a few) of Friday Night Lights.

11:10 p.m. Lights go off and I am out. The only good thing about working out in the morning is by the time I go to bed I am conked out.
____________________________________________________________________________

Phew. That was kind of a lot of information... and luckily that was one of my busier days. Plus, after a busy Wednesday I usually have a very easy Thursday. Hope you enjoyed this look into my day and let me know if you want to see more!

10 comments

  1. I enjoyed this Day in the Life segment! Your classes sound very interesting. Happy Wednesday :)
    http://www.lovecompassionatelee.com/behindthescenes

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me to put together a day in the life post! I'm from NYC too and that kind of latte art shot is always a must, haha. Thanks for sharing!

    With Love, Alyssa | www.alyssa-lenore.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost went to school NYC and wondered what it would be like. I think I'd be so overwhelmed with all of my options and fun adventures. So great to see a little glimpse into your day! Also I realized I will most likely never be a morning workout person. I just cant workout on an empty stomach its absolutely terrible but good on you and your efforts! I definitely need an afternoon work out, once Im in the grown up world no clue what I'll do hahah
    http://figuringoutmyeverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Please do another :) I was thisclose to going to school in NYC, so it's so fun to live vicariously through this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy girl! I wish I had that motivation to get up early and work out but I barely have the energy to make it to the coffee pot. :)
    Randi | Randi with an i

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you're ahead of me in the coffee making department. Usually I'm too lazy to make my own in the morning.


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely do another! So happy you like it!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see yours! Recently found your blog through Her Campus and love it!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't know if this would help you, but I have a hard time working out on an empty stomach as well so sometimes I try to drink a glass of OJ before I work out and it really helps!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.