Social icons

Spring 2013 Trend: Patterned Pants

Monday, March 4, 2013

This week  I'll be featuring some of my favorite Spring 2013 trends that I saw on the runway last fall! I will be featuring a new trend every day until Friday.

My first trend of the season is patterned pants. I've seen patterned pants of all sorts popping up all over the place. On the runway last fall some of my favorite pants were done by Lela Rose, J.Crew, and Rebecca Minkoff and as much as I'd love to buy those pants I need more affordable options. 

Patterned pants can be worn by literally anyone. No matter what your body shape, height, etc you will be able to find a pair of pants that flatter you! Patterned jeans are a great way to ease into this trend. I know that ever since I took the leap and bought these chevron jeans I've realized how wearable patterned pants can be. If you are intimidated by crazy colors and patterns the polka dotted pants from forever 21 shown above are simple and can be paired with a simple white top.

I'd love to mix prints but with crazy patterned pants solid tops are an easy choice. The easiest choice is a neutral plain shirt but there are other relatively easy options. Pair a bright color shirt  that coordinates well with the pants (like pink with navy blue). A lace shirt can look great in any color and will add another texture. Lastly my favorite choice is a chambray shirt. I love my chambray shirt and it is the perfect addition to patterned pants, especially when you want to make dressier pants look casual. 

Definitely go out and look for the perfect pair of patterned pants for you. H&M, Forever 21,  and Topshop have really great options for affordable prices. 

~ Caroline


4 comments

  1. Patterns are stylish no matter what :) Especially the Rebecca Minkoff.
    xoxo KJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been searching to find some great patterned pants in thrift stores! Hope I stumble upon them soon. Great post!
    xo
    ashley
    www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love patterns! :D

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.