Social icons


Every January I make a few resolutions for the upcoming year just like most. And just like most people I often fail to achieve or embrace these resolutions. I mean who hasn't said they want to be more healthy this year than they were last year (I know I say this every year).
The best advice I've ever been told though is to take it day by day. Every day make a small effort to change your habits and achieve your goals and dreams. 
This year that I will try to focus on my goals every day even if just for a moment. Drinking more water and eating sweet fruit instead of sugary sweets are easy ways to eat healthier that don't take a large effort. Bringing my camera with me more places even if I'm just going down the street will help me to focus more on photography, something I've loved for years. 
I've said it before but I now that I'm making money from my job and getting older I want to invest in classic pieces that I can keep for years. Whether I buy nice jeans or classic blazers I want to make an effort to buy more clothes from brands that will last me years. 
Recently I've been getting better at accessorizing and I want this to continue through 2013. Stacking bracelets and adding scarves or other accessories to outfits are easy ways to make your look special.
I also know that this year is going to be a year full of change. Graduating high school, going to college, and being surrounded by completely new people that will start as strangers is going to be hard, but I want to embrace these changes. Change is a good thing and right now I can't wait for the rest of my life to get going. However, in the moment big life changes can be overwhelming so I will have to remind myself of this in a few months. 

I think 2013 is going to be a year to remember. However, while totally cliche the saying life is what you make it is true. This year I want to make my life the best it can be!

~ Caroline

p.s. These next few weeks are going to be incredibly hectic as I will be traveling to Austin for a brief few days and then have mid-year exams coming up in two weeks. I probably won't be posting as much, but I'm still here! Wish me luck!


2 comments

  1. Great goals, I think I'm going to add them to my resolutions! :)
    Good luck.

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.