Social icons

Caroline's Covets N.12

Monday, April 4, 2016

Despite temperatures falling to the low 40s yesterday, it truly feels like spring has arrived to NYC. The flowers are blooming, people are walking around jacketless, and I even saw my first ice cream truck of the season. Now that I've started to get a feeling for what this spring will look like, I wanted to share a few of my favorite spring pieces (both old and new) that have been defining my wardrobe. 

1) Breezy Shift Dresses - I have a love/hate relationship with loose dresses, but I fell in love with this one from Banana Republic while in Chile. I've wanted to wear it nonstop since it feels so easy to throw on with anything from boots to sneakers to sandals. The key to these dresses, no matter your body shape, is to find the right size so that it hugs your figure while still being a little loose. You might end up sizing up or down depending on the dress, so try on multiple sizes!



2) Tassel Sandals - I'm such a sandals girl and I always break out my opened toed shoes the moment it's even somewhat appropriate. So, I was extra excited this year when Steve Madden sent me these tassel sandals. I've wanted a pair like this for so long and these ones are honestly perfect. My roommates can attest to the fact that once I put them on the only thing that made me take them off was 35 degree weather and the threat of snow. 


Steve Madden also showed me an awesome secret - they have a coupon page where you can go to find all the best deals. Plus, don't forget if you present you student ID in stores you get 10% off!

3) Punchy Hued Essie Polish - Usually in the spring I'm all about light pinks or nude colored polish, but this year I can't get enough of bold reddish orange polish. I keep going back to my old summer favorite Geranium, but I also just found a new favorite called Meet Me at Sunset. 


4) Off-The-Shoulder Tops - These tops were a staple in my wardrobe last summer, so I thanked my lucky stars when almost every SS 2016 collection featured an off the shoulder top. I haven't bought any new ones yet this year, but I have no doubt that I'll be dropping more money on this trend. Whether you like long sleeve, short sleeve, cropped, or tunic length there is a off the shoulder top for everyone because they are just so darn flattering (can you tell I'm obsessed?)


5) The Classic Leather Jacket - When days go from 70 and sunny to 40 and blustery I'm always reaching for my leather jacket. I feel like every NYC dweller has a leather jacket because they are just so versatile. Yesterday I stayed extra warm with a warm sweater underneath and just a few days before that I was tossing it over a dress. One day I'm hoping I'll be able to afford this $1,300 version, but for now I'm pretty happy with my worn in Zara bestie.

Plus, all the options below are under $100!



Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.