Social icons

Outfit: Stripes & Warmer Days

Monday, February 23, 2015

Despite the snow that blanked NYC Saturday night, yesterday actually felt a bit like spring. It was the first time in months I could even think about wearing tights without layering pants over them. Since the warm weather wasn't going to las long I took advantage of it and wore my new t-shirt dress. Of course it wasn't warm enough to wear it the way I actually want to wear it (with sandals and denim jacket), but with some thick tights and a warm scarf it worked perfectly. Hopefully the warm weather will be back soon, but for now I'm back to wearing a million layers and jumping over the slush puddles on my way to class.

This year for Lent I decided to put extra emphasis on my New Year's Resolution to wake up before 7am every weekday morning. I had a rough start this past week, but I'm hoping this week it will get better. It supposedly takes 3 weeks to start a new habit, so by the time Lent is over I'm hoping my body will be adjusted to the new schedule. Wish me luck :)



6 comments

  1. Very cute outfit! I love the addition of the plaid scarf to bounce off of the black & white stripes behind it. Definitely a killer ensemble. :) xoxo

    The Budget Divaa │ www.thebudgetdivaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you styled that dress! I need to pick me up one. The scarf looks darling on you.

    www.aseersuckerstateofmind.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely should get one! And thanks so much!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Tori! I couldn't decide if it was too christmasy or not, but I always love a pop of red.

    caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stumbled across your blog through your comment on Amy Stone's and I adore it! Your instagram feed is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Print mixing in this outfit is so on point. Love it!


    - Kirstin
    kirstinuity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.