Social icons

A New York Weekend

Monday, January 26, 2015

The last few days have been all about exploring the city and getting back to my favorite spots that I haven't been to in far too long. I have a growing list on my iPhone of all the places I've been missing and all the new places that have popped up since I left the city. I figured my first weekend back was the perfect time to jumpstart checking off my must-visit list. 

The weekend started with a wandering of the West Village, my absolute favorite neighborhood in the city, Friday afternoon. I lucked out and saw some of the last few buildings with their christmas decorations up. Then, Saturday morning some friends and I celebrated my friend Alice's birthday with an absolutely delicious brunch at The Butcher's Daughter. We had planned to go to Jack's Wife Freda, but found ourselves at The Butcher's Daughter after giving up on a two hour wait and it couldn't have worked out better. My avocado eggs benedict was to die for and my vegan friend got to have a real breakfast for the first time in a while. Sunday began with a trip to the East Village for the best bagels in New York and continued with errands and a much-needed stop for coffee at Toby's Estate on 5th Ave. I don't know how they do it, but I swear I've never had a better latte. 

I really couldn't have asked for a better first weekend back in the city. However, reality is quickly slapping me in the face since the semester starts this morning and I already have a busy week ahead. If I survive my first day of class then I will be wearing my pjs inside out, putting a spoon under my pillow, and doing everything I can to ensure that Tuesday is a snow day. Cross your fingers for us NYU students!

3 comments

  1. I'm a fifteen or twenty minute bus ride from the city and if we don't have a snow day then our Presidents' must be insane! I'm looking for a fun day in the city on my birthday. Any suggestions for thrift shopping and good food? Stay warm!
    http://figuringoutmyeverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They just called off classes for tomorrow! I hope it goes the same way for you!


    I'm not a huge thrift shopper (don't really have the patience), but I have plenty of delicious food suggestions. Where in the city will you be?


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most likely near port authority or we might take the subway down to Williamsburg still debating

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.