Social icons

Outfit: Back to My Roots

Tuesday, July 22, 2014
{J.Crew tee, American Eagle jeans, Timex watch}

While I feel like most of my style inspiration comes from living and going to school in NYC I was raised in three places that are all about preppy and nautical style. Starting on the North Carolina coast, where Lilly is a way of life for some people, to my current home in Massachusetts it's been all about bright colors and stripes. These preppy and nautical parts of myself come out the most in the summertime. 

I'm a sucker for a pair of white jeans and a striped top (with bare feet no less) for a summer afternoon party. While I'd usually add a few accessories or a pair of fun shoes to switch up this look it felt just right going back to basics (and none of my shoes fit thanks to my swollen ankle). Of course by wearing white I was just setting myself up for some kind of spill. As I've said before, thank God for stain remover spray or else I'd have no clothes left (fyi steak juice is the worst). 

8 comments

  1. I love this outfit, it's so simple and cute! And it looks lovely there!


    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hydrangeas make the perfect background for this outfit!


    - Kirstin
    kirstinuity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they definitely are the perfect backdrop! They are blooming beautifully in my yard right now!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty location…and I love those white skinny jeans on you!


    xx
    Michele
    http://www.roguetutu.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your outfit! and those hydrangeas are to die for!
    I also have to be super super careful when wearing white, I'm just prone to spill
    xox
    chloe
    http://popcosmo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Michele! The jeans have become my go-to for slightly chillier days!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. White + my coffee addiction is actually the worst pairing so I have to be super careful all the time. Thanks so much Chloe!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.