Social icons

I've heard from a lot of you that you love when I share parts of my life in New York.
While I'm not living in the city this summer I thought I would share a few of my old and new favorite spots. First on the list are a few of the places I visited this past weekend. I always make a point to try new places since there will always be somewhere that looks good that I haven't tried yet, but then there are the few spots I always have to go back to. 

This is a new favorite of mine! After getting caught in a rainstorm in the West Village (and a recommendation from Amy Stone) my friend and I ran into the adorable coffee spot. The staff were seriously the sweetest and the blue/green hues throughout were beautiful. We both ordered Aussie Iced Coffees and sucked them down in no time. If you've never had an Aussie iced coffee, it is chilled espresso topped with ice cream, and man is it good. 

Chobani is an old favorite of mine and anytime I'm shopping in SoHo I stop by. If you are a greek yogurt lover you will be just as obsessed with this spot as I am. I love to get the Mango Avocado dish and sit by the window to people watch. While you inhale your yogurt you'll also add at least a dozen things to your must-buy list. 

I love brunch and I love trying new brunch places, but I might just have to keep going back to Hotel Chantelle. This is the perfect summer brunch spot on the roof of a LES building. Make sure to bring sunglasses. I ordered the lobster eggs benedict which were delicious, but the real star of the meal was the truffle oil tater tots. My friend and I couldn't stop eating them, even after we were beyond full. The perfect backdrop to our catching up and eating was the jazz band playing by the bar. 

Morgenstern's Finest Ice Cream
I have a serious ice cream problem that I have no plans to work on, especially now that I've found Morgenstern's. Not only is it so cute inside with the cobalt blue and white theme, but there are delicious unique ice cream flavors and sundaes. I've heard incredible things about their banana split, but since it was pretty busy when I stopped by I ended up getting a cone with raspberry currant and mango sorbet (which I quickly inhaled). I'm telling you all you must must must go here and please try the banana split for me!

I'm thinking about sharing a few more posts of my favorite spots in New York and I would love to know what types of things you all want to know more about. You can check out more of my New York City posts under the Life in NYC tab at the top of the page.

Hope you have a happy Monday!

9 comments

  1. Great guide! Ah, I miss NYC so much! :)

    xx
    Kelly
    kellyinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the guide! Excited to try these places next time I'm in NYC!


    - Kirstin
    kirstinuity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you! One weekend in an entire summer is not nearly enough! Thanks so much.



    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kirstin! Definitely try them and tell me what you think!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the guide as well! Next time I take a trip to NYC will definitely try these places.


    Xo,
    Adalia
    seabreezeandstyling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your guide! Lived there for a summer, but absolutely love finding new places to try when I am in town. That Chobani store is off the chain. Have you been to Dos Caminos - there's one right across the street. So. Good.


    xo, katie

    www.a-touch-of-teal.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I always love finding new spots! I always see Dos Caminos around, but I have yet to go. I always end up going for the fast mexican places like Dos Toros. I will have to try it out!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.