Social icons

Outfit: Back in Black

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I may have left New York, but I can promise the all black outfits aren't going away anytime soon. After picking up this top at Nordstrom (I know I caved) I couldn't resist pairing it with a little leather. My mom saw what I was wearing and thought I was crazy for wearing leather (or 'pleather') in the summertime. Luckily, this flowy skirt is light enough to wear even as the temperatures are rising in the North East, which means you'll see me in this skirt all summer long. 

These pictures were also taken before my trip to the beach yesterday, which means there is no sign of the not so pretty sun burns I got. Moral of the story, apply extra sun screen to your knees and the side of your body facing the sun (I know I should know this by now). I'll definitely be wearing pants for the next couple days to hide the burns. 

Hope you all had a great long weekend!

8 comments

  1. Love this look, even though you may be wearing a lot of black, you definitely made it work well for this warmer weather! I love your black & white striped tee, I am always looking for the perfect stripe pieces and that one looks perfect!
    I hope you had a wonderful long weekend and good luck with the sunburns ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shape of the skirt makes wearing pleather perfect for summer! Great look, Caroline!

    Constance || Prep Northwest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gret outfit! I love monochrome looks right now :)

    xoxo

    Kimberly | Kimberly's Chronicle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nan! Home you had a great weekend as well!


    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obsessed with your skirt!!!

    XO Color Me Courtney

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.